Every once in a while you wish to pack your packs, get a few friends along and go on a long road trip to a beach destination or a hill station. While in the movies this may be the norm, in real life travelling by road requires some basic planning and groundwork. Here are a few trips to make your road trip an awesome one.
1. Proper documentation: Check your car papers, your car insurance and make sure you opt for 24/7 Roadside Assistance.
2. Car condition: Before your journey, make sure your car is in prime condition; the tires are properly inflated and the engine is working smoothly.
3. Fuel up: Make sure you have a full tank when you start on your trip. Also don’t wait till your gas gauge is sitting on E to refuel as there may be no gas station for miles.
4. Be fully rested: If you are the designated driver make sure you have had at least seven hours of sleep for two consecutive nights so you are well rested.
5. Stock up: Even if you decide to make frequent stops along the way, make sure that you stock up on water, snacks and some basic medicines.
6. Road trip mix: Make a playlist of your favourite songs so that the journey does not seems long and boring.
7. Take breaks: Get out of the car and stretch for a while. Even better, share driving responsibilities with your friends.
8. Be safe: Do not drink the previous night so that you have a clear head and do not drink and drive as well.
So follow these steps to ensure that you have a safe and an enjoyable trip!